1. When you adopt me, my life is likely to last 15 to 18 years. Long periods of separation from you is likely to be painful. Please don't leave me alone all day long without a companion to keep me company.
2. Love me unconditionaly, and with all your heart. Provide me with a safe secure warm home where I am never frightened.
3. Please trust me and help me trust you.... It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice and love when you speak to me and stroke me.
6. Please don't hit me. I could easily hurt you, and yet I choose not to bite or scratch you.
7. Treat me well. I will never forget how I am treated.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative or bad, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I am sick, frightened, hot, cold or just need some extra attention.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. Don't abandon me, for you too will grow old. Please notice when I am ill because I need you to take me to the vet for help when I am sick.
10. Go with me on the most difficult journey. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Do it when I leave". I need you with me even at the end of my life. Please always do what is best for me even if it is unbearable for you to do so- because I love you and trust that you will